Mobile Alerts MA 12024 Gateway Set
The Technoline Mobile-Alerts MA12024 Gateway with power backup when used in conjunction with the included MA-10870 AC power sensor adds that extra layer of protection in the event of a power failure. A very common use for this arrangement is when used with chillers and freezers. When using the standard Mobile Alerts gateway if the mains supply fails then the gateway itself switches off and subsequent alerts of rising temperatures in fridges and freezers are never sent as the gateway has powered off along with everything else at that location due to the mains power failure.
The way this system works is that the MA-12022 gateway has a built-in battery backup power which remains available in the event of a mains electricity failure. So now, instead of plugging your internet router via its 12V power adapter into the mains as you would normally do, you plug your internet router into the 12V output on the back of the Mobile Alerts gateway using the included adaptor cable. What this means is that in the event of a mains failure your internet router still has power available to maintain a connection to the internet for an additional ten minutes after mains power failure is detected and it is during this time that the included AC power sensor (MA-10870) sends its 'Power Failure' alert.
Setup is straightforward and the MA-12022 gateway connects via the internet to the Mobile Alerts cloud server where the sensor data is stored and once you have downloaded the Mobile Alerts app (available for Android and iOS) you can view the sensor data on your mobile phone or tablet from wherever you are in the world. As well as viewing the real time data from the sensors you can also set handy alerts so that you are automatically alerted when any preset levels you have created are met. For example, if you have not closed your fridge or freezer properly, door contacts have opened, high wind speeds or extended rainfall maybe, then you can automatically receive an alert on your smart phone when the sensors hit any alarm levels you might have set.
A couple of points to note.
- The MA-10870 AC mains sensor will only send ONE alert in the event of a mains failure.
- It is possible for an unlimited number of people to have the same AC mains alert sensor setup with an alert within their app so that more than one person can receive the same alert in the event of a mains failure for additional peace of mind.
- The MA-10870 AC mains senor is built around a 2 pin EU style mains plug and a 2 >> 3 pin plug adapter is included so that it can be plugged into a UK mains power socket.
Any Mobile Alerts sensors within range of the Mobile Alerts internet gateway (approx 100 metres open space) will regularly transmit sensor data to the Mobile Alerts Cloud Server via the internet. Once you have downloaded the free Mobile-Alerts app to your tablet or smartphone you can view the sensor data at any time.
The Mobile Alerts MA-12024 Gateway set includes :
- 1 x Mobile Alerts MA-12022 gateway with backup power
- 1 x Mobile Alerts MA-10870 AC and Temperature sensor
- 1 x 2 pin EU to 3 pin UK plug adaptor (for AC sensor)
- 1 x UK power supply
- 1 x RJ45 Ethernet Cable (to connect to your existing internet router)
- 1 x Power adapter cable (to power your existing internet router)
The Mobile Alerts app is available for iOS and Android and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, just search 'Mobile Alerts'. You can download the free app before you buy and you can view real sensor data from a wide range of live sensors so that you have a good look at the system to see what it's all about.
All orders placed before 5pm mon-fri are dispatched on the same day.
BatteryLogic are the UK's Technoline Mobile Alerts specialists and if you have any questions about the Mobile Alerts MA 12024 Gateway Set
or any of the Mobile Alerts sensors please call on 020 8989 1087
020 8989 1087
(mon-fri 10am - 5pm) and we'll be very happy to answer any questions